This is my personal website. My posts and ideas do not reflect opinions of my current or previous employers.
I use your information only for providing and improving this site. By using this site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Collection of information
Below is an inexhaustive list of data I may collect and how it is collected.
|Collected only upon your request||Collected automatically (this data is typically provided by devices and browsers automatically)|
Use of Information
Links to other websites
I use Matomo for analytics. Users should be aware of a few things:
- Learn what Matomo is by clicking here.
- I only use your information to determine what posts are more popular, what day/time is best to post, how long you stay on my site, etc…
- I host my own Matomo instance. Your data never leaves my server without my permission.
- My Matomo instance is set to fully support your browser’s Do Not Track setting.
- Matomo offers two options for geo-location: your browser’s language setting or your IP address (provided by an external database). For accuracy’s sake, I’ve opted to determine location based on IP address. This information is provided through a database by MaxMind called GeoLite City. This provides your coarse location (city/state/country).
- If you’d like, you can choose to receive an opt-out cookie from Matomo, below.
Now that the legal text is out of the way, here’s the part I really enjoy. I’m always working to make ensure my site is more robust and secure. When you visit my site, the following security/privacy features will be available to you.
- SSL/TLS techology
- No mixed content
- DNS CAA records
- A+ rating on Qualys SSL Labs
- A+ rating on High-Tech Bridge
- Improving scores on GTmetrix
- Improving scores on HTTP headers
- GPG key added to contact information
If there’s anything else you’d like to know about how I use your information or the security of this site, please contact me.